Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, January 20, 2012

Pretty Skies...

Well I finished the poncho... and I think it looks nice.  Really really nice....

I started out with less than two balls of James C. Brett's Marble Chunky.  They are really big balls of yarn... and really soft and really neat.  I like them a lot but never know what to do with them. 

The first thing I made out of the yarn was my mom's Einstein Coat.



I really liked how this colorway striped.  And my mom loved it because of the colors and the softness of it. 

I had purchased this yarn to make another jacket but it took me forever to make the last one and I didn't know if the person would have even liked it so I let the yarn sit.  I made a had and scarf for my nephew and that ate up some of the yarn but then I had a ball and some left over.

Well my roomies birthday was coming up and I knew she liked ponchos... and one looked like a lot of fun to make.  So off I went.  I loved knitting it and it was wonderful yarn to work with.  Until I came close to the end.  I wasn't going to have enough.  I was going to be short.  Not by much.  So out I trekked and found a complimentary color and added a little on the bottom and an edge around the collar and voila....



It worked... I was so happy.  Now I probobly would have been fine with the yarn I had, if I had not wanted to add fringe. 



I think it looks a lot better.  It holds the edge down and shows off the colors very nicely.


I even got her to show it off and smile too. So pretty... oh yeah, the poncho is too.

No comments:

Post a Comment