Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, May 3, 2010

Little Ian will be wrapped in "Smiles in Peace with Love"

Okay, I am finally posting my nephew's Smiles in Peace with Love baby blanket.  I have it hanging downstairs drying after I washed it waiting for a folding and ribbon to wrap it up.  Then it is off to my brother's new home where my little newest nephew will be living.

It has taken me awhile to actually finish this blanket.  I found a free pattern on another blog that I watch and it inspired me to make a baby blanket. 

The Love a heart pattern, which I don't really have a clear picture of.

The Smiles

and finally The Peace 


So I knitted those three patterns up using a ball of each color and added filler squares...



... and found it was too small so I decided only about a week or so before the first baby shower that I was going to add a boarder.

The baby showers were a week apart and this was how far I was the day before the second baby shower.  So after three weeks.



So I sat and knitted for eight hours or more... and this is where I ended up before the baby shower...



I did finish it... it took me time but I did finish it and put it together and finally washed it.  I am very very happy... and soon it will go off to be used and loved on... and spit up on.  But first I will share so people can see it before the love is given.


So there you have it.  After a little over two months I finished, truly finished a project.  Now on to others... I am happy with it and I know that it will be loved, despite all the mistakes I know are there.

1 comment:

  1. I think it came out wonderfully, the green border really was a nice choice for it it really make the rest of the blanket pop really well. I think it will be much loved as well. It was a task well challenged and a task well met.

    ReplyDelete