Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Marauders and friends...

This is my NANO (national novel writing month) so grammar is on the back burner more so then ever.  I am checking spelling but that does not mean I won't miss something... read if you want and enjoy if you can...  

Journal Entry Thirteen B:

I was sitting in the common room when the boys walked up. It was late at I was working on finishing another class. Remus did something he never does, he took my work from me and set it aside. He also took my hands in his. (Now I know I turned seven shades of pink at this moment but I did not care or notice, at the time, that Sirius was being serious.)

Remus then asked me if I truly wanted to find the person who had cursed me and if I truly believed someone did curse me and that it wasn't some random event. That I was the intended target.
(After getting my senses back I realized he was being serious and so were the other boys. Peter looked absolutely terrified and James had his game face on.)

I think I managed a nod.

He nodded at that. “Do you solemnly swear you are up to no good?”

When he said that, I blinked and had no clue what he meant. “Do you solemnly swear you are up to no good!” The second time he made it a statement and I understood. He was swearing me into their little secret club.

I mean everyone knew they had a little boys club they hung out in but no one else had ever joined. Now here I was sitting in the Gryffindor common room being asked, in a way to join their 'boys' club. If I hadn't been sitting down I would have fallen over.

I managed to swallow and moisten up my very dry throat and nod.

I was then told by a very exasperated Sirius that I had to say it. (Hey I am a girl what did they expect... me not to go totally ashen and act like this is really cool and I know what I am doing... no I don't know what I am doing I am always running around like frickin' chicken with it's head cut off racing to get things done before the world ends... GEEZ!)

So I said it. “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.”

They nodded and looked at each other and then Remus told me that they couldn't tell me everything right then but they would help me find out who cursed me. And that James would help me with the other thing I was trying to do. And then he winked. Remus never winks, why the hell did he wink? And what other thing... I have eighty bazillion other things.

Journal Entry Fourteen:

So I turned in another class, this one I worked very well. A Cowl for All Season, for Flying. I love flying and flying though hoops is a jaunting way to go. Sirius said I should have made a mobius but I have never made one of those before I was a little intimidated by it so... I simply took on something I thought I could manage. It was a fun little thing to do.




Journal Entry Fifteen A:

Oh that other thing!

The boys took me to a deserted classroom last night. They new better than to try and come up and get me on their own, they sent Lily. Though, it was funny to watch Sirius the first time he tried to sneak into a girls dorm room. The stairs the slide, the second time was funnier with the catapult. (I so loved to hear that scream. He compared it to being launched off a broom by a bludger.) But I digress.

Remus met me at the bottom of the stairs and trust me if I was awake enough I would have actually seen this coming but it had been a long day of classes and I had gone to bed early. They bamphed me with some spell. The next thing I knew I was sitting on a couch in a dimly lit classroom and Lily was chewing out Sirius and James on the other side. “I don't care if you are initiating her. You do not do that to a girl, ever.” I watched as she turned and walked over to Remus. “Just let me know when you are done and I will come and get all of you safely back into the Gryffindor common room. And...” She turned to me at this time. “... let me know if they do anything inappropriate, again.” She then left the room. I blinked. She probably was not the best choice to help get me where ever I was now but she probably was the only one I would have gotten up for. I sighed and looked at Remus.

It was then that they started to tell me about their little group of Marauders, or at least that was what they called themselves. They told me about Remus' condition, and how each of them helped. That all these thing were put in place and they worked together to keep Hogwarts and those in Gryffindor tower safe. “In fact we work hard to keep all of the students safe.” James had spoken up. “Even Slytherin.” I could almost hear Sirius' distaste for that house but he still said it, which was something. Peter was the least talkative among them but I had always come to expect that from him. He had always been the more shy of the set. He had always been the follower not the leader. He was more like me, I guess. Supporting those around him, even if it meant he was in the shadow. So I asked him why he did it. Why he learned it and why he continued to work with this group of ruffians.

His answer was simple to the point and I believe from the heart. “They are my friends.”

I nodded and told them I was totally in. I was their person. Their girl friday. And that I would have James teach me. “Sirius. I am a girl and I have a brain, so you would definitely get board with me.”
With that there was a slightly surprised look and Sirius responded in a way I never expected. He came up to me and took me in a hug. “For you, I would make an exception.” Then he shoved me back and said. “To the kitchens for dessert.”

We did not end up going to the kitchens we ended up going back to our tower. And morning came way too early for me. I was exhausted all day and still am. Should take a nap, but I have some studying to do before dinner.

Letter Interlude: To a dear friend.

Dear 'gail,

I know you are struggling at school and I thought I would write and give a little bit of sunshine. I miss our outings for coffee and photographs. It was fun this summer, between work and reading about the hoarding world.

Do you remember the walks in the dunes and around the lakes. That was a fun vacation. We were able to create some great stories and craft together some wonderful spells. I am learning so much more while I am here. I know there will be so much more that we can do together when I come home.

No, Remus hasn't really noticed me. I guess I have to be okay with that. I don't really know why I like him but I do. Then there is of course my friend at home, but that is very very very complicated, so I am trying really hard to keep it platonic and well, then there is you. But you like Remus, just see me as a friend. (I know I should stop pining for what I can't have.)

I haven't been having bad days while I am here and that is a good thing. The troupe keeps pushing me and that is really good.

I will tell you a little secret. It is their little shining eyes and pink and black noses and inquisitive natures that keep me going and get me out of bed every day.

Okay, I should go.... but first, you must tell me all about your classes. I am curiosity to know what a Wizarding School in my home state is like.

Be safe and smile.

'kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment